Re: polishing stainless

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: polishing stainless
From: Todd Walke <racertod@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 22:21:43 -0700
Eric Murray wrote:

>How do you polish stainless steel?  I have a polished
>stainless muffler that's now scratched up where a loose
>bracket gouged it.   I used a wire wheel in a dremel tool
>to smooth out the nastiest gouges but now I need to
>polish the wire wheel's marks out.  Wet-sanding with
>1200-grit paper just made it duller.

        Try Bright Works at   http://www1.minn.net/~bright-1/
        They sell buffing wheels and compounds for polishing just about
everything.  I looked and they do show a kit for polishing stainless steel.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car)  221,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (boring work car)     255,000 miles