Re: leakdown tester

To: <rex.burkheimer@chrysalis.org>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: leakdown tester
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 18:12:03 -0500
Rex, the orifice size that my "home-brew" tester needed in order to
"flow" the same percentage leak-down as the factory made leak-down
tester was a number 57 drill size, not a .057" .  The actual diameter
of the #57 drill is .043".    I'm gonna disassemble my borrowed
"Auto-Test Inc" leakdown instrument as soon as I ask its owner if
it's OK.  That'll give us three observed points on the graph and
maybe some "Fluid Mechanics"  type guy will step in and "educate" us
all.
Gawd, I love this list!
Tony Clark, Sherman, TX
Texas Region SCCA
Lotus 51 FF & Lotus 23 sports race "project cars"