Re: home fire suppression systems

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: home fire suppression systems
From: Matt Wehland <mwehland@webtripper.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 21:46:57 -0500
At 12:34 PM 5/10/98 -0500, you wrote:

>-> On the current "this old house" project, the owners had to install
>-> sprinklers - the
>-> system they described was to precharge the system with anitfreeze and
>-> use a funky
>-> valve to the water main to hold the antifreeze in - you could
>-> probably put
>
> I'd be interested in knowing what the antifreeze is.  All the
>automotive type antifreezes are flammable.

Well I'm not sure of the flamability (word?), but on boats and RV's they we
use a non=toxic antifreeze in the water systems.  It's available at marine
stores and at most Walmart/Kmart type stores in the fall season, and I'd
assume at camping/RV shops.

  Matt Wehland    mwehland@webtripper.com   http://www.webtripper.com
     95 Mustang GT Crystal White 5spd  Best 14.601, in street trim