security systems

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: security systems
From: rex.burkheimer@chrysalis.org
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 98 16:00:10 -0500

   This may be a little off-topic, but I'll try to make the shop connection:

   Evidence of attempted breakin at my shop (35 miles away :/ ) followed by an
attempted car-theft on my street has me contemplating security alarms for home
and shop. I bought a neat wireless system from Radio Shack for the shop, which
I will install tonite. I also bought one for the house, but it already has a
complete system that is not being used since I do not use a monitoring service.
 I'd rather use the existing system, but without a monitoring service.
    This system is (I believe) made by a company that is now owned by
Westinghouse. It has a master control box in the hall closet, two arm/disarm
panels in bedrooms, plus motion sensor and various door switches.
    The system has no documentation of any kind, and is currently disconnected.
I would  like to configure it to sound an outside siren and perhaps dial my
pager number rahter than use a monitoring service.
    So the question: Where can I find information on this unit so I can
configure it to my needs?  Are there any techs that I could get to do this on a
one-time fee basis?   Any other ideas?

          Thanks in advance!

Rex Burkheimer
J-CON Coordinator