Re: Cheap workbench advice wanted.

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cheap workbench advice wanted.
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:08:47 -0400
At 10:26 AM 4/21/98 -0400, Derek Harling wrote:

>- - 1/2 inch particle board !?!?!?
>.....................that's the cat's tampoline
>Derek (medium duty bench advocate)

Personally, I can't think of a worse material for a workbench !
Presumably the bench is outside in an non air conditioned garage so the
stuff will absorb moisture and swell during the summer (at least on the
east coast)  /  its a horrible working surface  /  unless supported every 6
inches the crap will sag and warp under it's own weight  /  terrible
strength to weight characteristics  /  and let's not forget the
formaldehyde out gassing  etc.  etc.

Don't get me started .... I really hate the stuff !

Regards, Nils