Cheap workbench advice wanted.

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cheap workbench advice wanted.
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-shop-talk@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 17 Apr 1998 23:37:24 -0000
I really need to build myself a cheap, strong bench.  I need a
splinterless surface strong enough to build an A-series engine on and
strong enough to hang a heavy bench vice off the corner.  I would like a
6'-8' length.  The more affordable, the better.  I may put this someplace
where it's accessible from front & back, so extra-deep may work just
fine.

What have y'all done?

Anybody have a good method for finding a good _standing_ work height?
I'm only 5'5", so 'standard' dimensions probably won't fit me.
--
<mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
                                  '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG