Re: Engine Paint

To: mliggett-receive-shop-talk@elise.kiva.net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine Paint
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 13:56:40 -0700
You can probably get the green stuff cheaper than Moss; I haven't
bought any for a while. mini Mania has it, and I've also imported it from
the UK as part of a larger order. Also look up Bill Hirsch paints in
the monster list.

I always wipe or spray metal surfaces with some sort of solvent just
before painting - A series blocks are pretty rough cast, but you can
probably soak a rag in mineral spirits and do a decent job. You *do*
want to get all the moisture and grease off before painting.

I *really really* like the VHT cast iron finish engine paint. It
goes on very well, sticks great, and looks just like freshly wire
brushed cast iron. I don't think it will hold up to headers, but I
use it for all the "bare metal" parts under hood these days.