Re: Engine Paint

To: mliggett-receive-shop-talk@elise.kiva.net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine Paint
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 11:20:32 -0700
My A series engines get primed with VHT "cast iron grey" engine paint
in a rattle can, and then final coated with whatever batch of A series
green I bought recently, also in a rattle can. I've found that
the A series green paint isn't a very good engine paint, but using
the VHT stuff underneath makes it very durable.

You probably want to buy the green stuff in two-can lots; one can isn't
quite enough to do engine blocak and head and pan and valve cover, and
different lots from different sources are different colors...