Re: Water Sand blaster

To: "Steve Sutton" <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>, "Jim Ferguson" <jferg@who.net>,
Subject: Re: Water Sand blaster
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 23:50:27 -0800
Hi, I just joined the Shop-Talk list today, first time. I'm wondering if
this will work on my 1750-psi pressure washer, it does have a siphon-feed
hose. I'm in the process of restoring a Datsun roadster, and need to clean
the frame and other parts. I've been holding off getting the frame
hot-dipped and painted due to the high cost (some friends tell me $600 and
up, and I've been spending spare money on other more necessary projects).
If this attachment works, I'll be extremely happy.

Excuse my ignorance, but what types of sand or other media do you recommend
and where do you buy the stuff? Any danger of damaging body parts? I've
been told sand-blasting is not good for external body panels, maybe because
heat is generated and warps the panels. Does the use of water with this
method do away with that heat problem? Any information appreciated.

Fred Katz

<shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>