Re: Garage heaters

To: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>, <ken_landaiche@dlcc.com>,
Subject: Re: Garage heaters
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:19:50 -0600

> From: Chris Kantarjiev

>       Does anyone have experience with those ceiling mounted cube shaped
>       heaters often found in warehouses and garages?
>
> They seem to work great, but I don't know how efficient they are.
And it
> may be hard to size them for a "small" space, depending on how big
> your garage is. You might want to put a couple of ceiling fans into
> push the hot air down to floor level.

I don't experience as much difference in the air temp from ceiling to
floor as I anticipated.  In a 30 by 60 metal building with only 2
inches of glass insulation, the difference in temp on two matched
thermometers floor vs. ceiling is only 2-3 degrees during both summer
air conditioning and winter heating as long as there is _some_
periodic fan circulation.  I guessed there'd be 10 or 15 degrees!

Tony