Re: Garage heaters

To: "Ken Landaiche" <ken_landaiche@dlcc.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Garage heaters
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:08:05 -0600
----------
> From: Ken Landaiche

> Does anyone have experience with those ceiling mounted cube shaped
> heaters often found in warehouses and garages? I like the idea of
saving
> the floor space and getting the ignition source well off the
ground.

I've had a Modine 130,000 btu gas fired overhead unit in my 30 by 60
shop for over 10 years.
It's been trouble-free and it can get the shop a comfortable 65
degrees from 32 degrees  in about 25 minutes.   Since I don't heat
the shop at night and I'm only there about 4-5 hours a day, my fuel
bill is a very reasonable $35 to $45 per month for the coldest
months.  I'm in north Texas but our winters are moderately cold.
Tony