Re: Air Compressor

To: Douglas Shook <dshook@usc.edu>, Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Air Compressor
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:40:00
At 09:37 AM 3/17/98 -0500, Douglas Shook wrote:
>I know this may sound trivial, but if you spend much time out in your
>shop listening to the thing run, they can get on one's nerves after
>awhile.  It also cannot be good for your hearing.

Eh, what's that you say?????

>While I'm complaining, IMHO, the "oiless" compressors really put out a
>racket--I would not buy one for serious usage simply based on the noise
>they emit.

I'll second that.  I wished that I had realized just how annoying they
can be *before* I'd bought mine!  I've got one of the Sears "6.5 hp"
models and while it puts out enough air for everything that I do,
I'd much rather have my old oil-type compressor again.  Anyone close
to C'ville, Va want to take this thing off my hands so that I can justify
a new toy? <grin>

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu