Re: Battery Storage

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Battery Storage
From: "Nils O. Ny" <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:37:28 -0500
You must keep Lead Acid batteries charged if they are going to last at all.
That means keeping a trickle charger on it for a couple of years!  Or
putting a charger on the battery once a week if you don't want to have
something plugged in all the time.  Is this a NEW battery now? Or some
valuable reproduction battery?  If not ... it probably is not worth the
effort.  New batteries around here would be $35 or so and a couple of years
is a long time, especially if your as good at guessing when things will be
completed as I am!  On my time scale a couple of years would turn into 4 or
5 and even a good battery with tender loving care might not make that!