temporaty flood protection

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: temporaty flood protection
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@inline-tech.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 18:17:45 -0800
  I am working on a car that will be finished in 6 to 9 months, so I had to
move my car out of the garage.  What I did last month was build a
cheap/quick shed on the concrete slab in the back yard.  I built the walls
on top of cinder blocks just sitting on top on the concrete, as I said this
is only to protect my car (1953 Singer) from the weather for 6 to 9 months.
 Now with the rains we have had, I have a flood where my car is.  The slab
in the backyard regularly gets flooded with around 3 inches of water when
it rains and the remaining water goes around the house, this is because my
neighbors yard is 3 feet higher than mine and the slab is not level
anymore.  It was not when I bought the house.  How do I prevent the water
from getting into my little shed ?

  I don't want to pour concrete into the cinder blocks because the thing
will be torn down in a few months, I need something that I can clean back
up and still have a slab for the wife to put her table on and eat those
wonderful BBQs she does.  I was thinking getting some silicon in tubes and
trying to seal it that way, and then sandblast the silicon off when done in
a few months.  A friend suggested using roofing tar (would be cheaper) and
then blasting the slab clean.  I am looking for any ideas, its only
temporary and it does not have to be perfect.  I would expect that any
temporary solution will allow seepage, but my car is sitting in 2 inches of
water and that cant be good for its metal frame and wood body.  Yes, wood
framed body covered with a thin beer can painted red.

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                  .oooO  Oooo.         __._._.  O (Yahoo!)
bug-writer..er..programmer    (   )  (   )      ____ ._..  /\,
    webmaster@singercars.com                 ::::::::::\............
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car, then
take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/