Re: Generators

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Generators
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas01@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 14:43:23 -0500

JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com wrote:

>      I have been considering the same thing after being out of power for 13
>      days following our recent natural disaster here in Canada. Generators
>      can sure be handy if you're interested in having heat in the house!

  If your interested in a generator and want save a few bucks, wait a week
after one
of the natural diasters.  During the event alot of people run out to the local
mega
home warehouses and buy a generator only to return it a week later.  Basically,
they
get power for only the price of the gas and oil.  Many do not even use them.
The
store then resells them at a discount as used equipment.  This was told to me
by a
saleman at the store.

Peter J. Thomas
1966 Triumph TR4A IRS