Re: lubrication

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: lubrication
From: "Galen I. Lutz" <LUTGI@eng1mail.learjet.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 97 11:53:00 PST
My experiences with these lubricants are similar to Mr. Wallace.  I agree
that WD-40 is rather limited, there are better penetrating oils.  I do know
that the Navy squadron I was in a little over 20 years ago discontinued
using WD-40 as a rust preventative.  Good corrosion control practice is to
coat the holes and fasteners when re-installing any removed airframe
component.  The WD-40 just wasn't holding up to the salt air environment.

Galen Lutz
galen.lutz@learjet.com