shop heating

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: shop heating
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-shop-talk@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 7 Dec 1997 20:57:14 -0000
I have an uninsulated 19'x19'x8' garage.  I rent here and will not stay
more than a year or two (i.e. nothing permanent).  It has 4 32"x44"
single-pane windows.  I work on a Midget and a Mini (occasionally a SAAB)
in here.

What # of BTUs would be adequate to get the air from 20-30F up to 50-60F
within 1 hour?

I intend to buy some kind of portable propane heater (bullet-type or
radiant).  Kerosene is out due to nasty fumes (the brake parts cleaner is
bad enough ;-).  There is not capacity nor a 220v line for electric

Your sizing advice is greatly appreciated.
--
        Matt Liggett, SysAdmin
        Kiva Networking

  [ --> Spammers please send to spam@elise.kiva.net to be blocked <-- ]