cheap air tools and nut busters

Subject: cheap air tools and nut busters
From: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com (James Babcock)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 20:56:37 -0400 (EDT)
Well...Thanks for all the responses.  I feel a little better about
ordering the cheap air tools now.  I also think that having a
sidewinder ratchet for spark plugs is a better choice than an
air ratchet.

Before I trash my cheap nutbuster set and buy a decent one, I've
thought of a good use for the old ones.  These are a cast metal
ring with a threaded rod from the side that drives the wedge that
splits the nut.  I think that by replacing the wedge assembly
with a bolt, I'll have a really neat chisel/punch holder.
The chisel or punch is placed in the ring and a bolt is tightened
down from the side to old the tool.  Voila!  No more smashed
fingers when I miss the punch.

Thanks again.

Jim
--