RE: Automotive cooling

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Automotive cooling
From: "Lin, Gary" <Gary.Lin@wang.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 16:26:59 -0400
I guess I should have clarified my suggestion so as not to sound
ignorant of the facts relating to airflow and pump and fluid dynamics.
Since you all were talking about reengineering the cooling system as
such, I figured that possibly creating a reverse flow through the block
to cool the heads first in a conventional internal combustion engine
would duplicate the idea behind the Corvette's system.  With a system
that uses an electric fan, would there be a way to retrofit a water
pump, belt, and hoses so that the flow is reversed in the block?  The
radiator flow would still be normal and the hoses would divert the flow
to the appropriate end of the radiator.  I myself wouldn't bother with
all this mess.

Gary Lin