RE: Rust Prevention

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Rust Prevention
From: "Lin, Gary" <Gary.Lin@wang.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 19:02:37 -0400
I thought that most of the cheap undercoats, including the dealer's, was
marketed as rustproofing but in reality was more for sound deadening.
It eventually dried up and got flaky.  You'd need something like the
diesel fuel to actually displace any moisture and stay usable as opposed
to the tar coat that can create pockets or seal up the moisture.  I
guess the oil based sprays would be better than the water based ones.

Gary Lin