Rust Prevention

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rust Prevention
From: Michael Leach <mrleach@Fair.Net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 13:58:58 -0400
The other day I was under the vehicle and noticed that the factory panited
chassis was begining to flake off and started to surface rust.  This is
something I would be interested in fixing in the early stages.  Should I
just remove all lose paint and spray paint with some undercoat?  Would this
be something that would last for any period of time (i.e. 3-4 years)?
Should I use non-drying undercoat or the type that dryies hard?  What brand
of undercoat?  The area is fairly small about 1sq ft. I drive on the beach
about twice a month during the summer months and launch the boat in salt
water year round.

Thanks for any info.

Michael