Re: sourcing automotive wiring

To: mliggett@bluemarble.net, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: sourcing automotive wiring
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:42:28 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-17 18:31:56 EDT, mliggett@bluemarble.net (Matt
Liggett) writes:

> I'm looking for a mail-order source for spools of automotive wiring.
>  I'd like to get good quality gas- and oil-resistant wiring in a
>  variety of colours with and without stripes.  Anyone know a good (and
>  cheap) source?  I want to begin building a stock of wire so I can make
>  repairs in correct colours on my cars.

Matt:

The best source (and only) source I know of here in the US is:

British Wiring
20449 Ithaca
Olympia Fields, IL 60461

708-481-9050

They carry a complete line of the correct wiring and supplies for British
cars. I have dealt with them on several occasions, and they are very good to
deal with. The only problem is that wire is not a stock item. If you want
some of the less often requested wire colors, there may be up to a 6 week
delivery time from England. Of course, if you are in a real hurry, you can
pay for express delivery. Call them up and ask for a catalog. Their catalog
lists over 100 different color coded wires, all in the colors used by MG,
Triumph, Austin-Healey, etc, along with the typical British connectors.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74