Re: washing shop towels

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: washing shop towels
From: Michael Leach <mrleach@Fair.Net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 08:37:54 -0400
Matt,

Try washing/soaking your shop towels in clean solvent (note: do this in a
bucket not the washing machine). Some Drycleaners use a solvent to dryclean
clothes.  The only differance is that there solvent is refined more then
store bought.  Ring them out and hang them on a clothes line to air dry.
Drycleanrs don't use clothes lines but they have air driers that won't
catch on fire.  Maybe you could even buy some drycleaning solvent from your
local drycleaner. It cost a little more but it's the good stuff. It is also
great for cleaning parts.  Also you might be able to buy there old solvent.
This is usually when they can no longer filter the solvent because it has
become dirty but is great for cleaning parts.  Last but not least ask the
drycleaners how much they would charge to wash your shop towels for you.
Luckly, I have a friend that owns a drycleaners and have no problem getting
them cleaned.

You could bring the rung out towles to the laundry mat put in a couple
quarters set the drier on low and wait.  Professional drycleaning solvent
has a fairly high flase point. So they can use a little heat to air dry.
It does not take long for the solvent to evaporate.

Good luck,

Michael Leach