Re: Shop Vac choices

To: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Shop Vac choices
From: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com (James Babcock)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 08:07:16 -0500 (EST)
My 16 gallon unit broke a couple of years ago, and I bought the cheapest
one that I could.  I almost never use my vac for wet pickup...mostly for
vacuuming out the cars.  I think the 1.5 gal unit with 1' cord can be
had for about $20.  I still have all of the attachments from the old vac,
so I wasn't worried about accessories.  The thing isn't nearly as much
of a storage problem either.  The really nice ones have a detachable
blower which would be nice once in a while I guess.  Regarding the noise:
I wear ear plugs when I clean the car or anytime that I have the thing
on for more than a minute or two.  My ears ring for over a day afterwards
if I don't.

-Jim.

--
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   email: james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com