Re: Fluke Automotive meters

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fluke Automotive meters
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 07:46:14 -0500
After reading this thread, I thought that I would add my $.02 worth.

In a previous life, (as an electronics technician in the USAF), I
did a lot of work with various brands of electronic test equipment.
(My job was to calibrate and repair it). Through experience, I
learned that Fluke had the most reliable and accurate meters. Most
of the off-brands that passed through our labs had notoriously
workmanship and were not very rugged. Simpson at that time had
a pretty decent reputation, but they were primarily portable units
instead of the benchtop type that Fluke had. This has changed of
course, but when I spec out instrumentation today, I still
recommend Fluke for voltmeters, Tektronix for oscilloscopes, and
Hewlett-Packard for signal generators and frequency measuring
equipment.

Also you might check with some of the electronic shops in the
area, to see if you can find a better price. Allied, Newark or
RS Electronics.

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ford.com