Re: Fluke Automotive meters

To: TATERRY@aol.com, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fluke Automotive meters
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 17:14:09 -0500
At 03:12 PM 1/21/97 -0500, TATERRY@aol.com wrote:

> Fellow Car nuts, my kid is taking automotive mechanicing at Jr.
> College, if he completes the course, my retirement is SET!   And
> he'll have a nice yatch too!!
>
> He has asked me to help out by buying him a Fluke model ET88DMM....
> this thing is $430 bucks in the MAC tool catalog.

> So the question is, do any of you know how I can get one cheaper!!

If it is only a DMM, there are 2 ways.

  1. Don't purchase from MAC
  2. Don't purchase a Fluke - Fluke and Simpson are the MAC & SNAP ON of
     electronic tools.

I have a Simpson DMM that cost me almost $400 years ago.  Only problem,
is the da#% liquid crystal display is shot.  For most trouble shooting
(granted that usually is older cars - ie. non-computerized I use an
analogue meter I got a Radio Shack on sale for $17 about 20 years ago.

If he really needs a DMM to measure the voltage from O2 sensors, etc.
almost any DMM should do.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!