BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from [Richard George <rkg@telepo

To: shop-talk
Subject: BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from [Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 12:50:16 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 11:21:26 -0800 (PST)
     From: Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>
     Subject: Tig Welder Dilemma...

After having saved quite a while to get a new welder (that old miller buzz
box just doesn't cut it anymore), I headed down to the local welding place
to check on the current pricing on the Miller Econotig.  While there, I looked
at Lincoln's competing (new?) product, called the Square Wave Tig 175.

At first glance, it seems like a better unit - wider current range (12-175 amps,
compared to the Miller's 20-165), square wave technology (has anyone used a
machine with this? I've only used "older" machines for TIG welding (Miller
Synchrowave)), and a lower price.

I've tried the Miller unit in the past (It seemed to work OK), but I was
wondering if anyone out there has anything good or bad to say about the Lincoln
units - or maybe anything interesting to say about the longevity of Lincoln
products (or support) in general....

Thanks,

rkg

(Richard George)