Re[2]: Penncraft tools

To: SHOP-TALK@AUTOX.TEAM.NET, Bruce Wentzel <76752.3101@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Penncraft tools
From: "John Loftin" <john.loftin@ccmail.eo.ray.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 96 08:38:37 EST
     I once knew the manager of the tool department of a Sears.  Any
     Craftsman tool that carries the "lifetime warranty" can be replaced
     for free at any time for any reason.  The next time you are in a
     Sears, stop by the tool department.  Read the lifetime warranty.  I
     believe it says, "Sears will replace this tool for any reason during
     it's lifetime."

     I have replaced a hacksaw because my wife ran over it with the family
     car.  Your adjustable wrench has scratches...  No problem.  Replace
     it.  One of your craftsman screwdrivers handles has partially melted
     because of the heat of a torch...  No problem.  Replace it.

     Any craftsman tool that carries the "unlimited lifetime warranty"
     Sears will replace.  As far as the torque wrench goes, it does not
     have the unlimited lifetime warranty.  I think it has a 1 year "free
     of defects" warranty.  All the craftsman power tools have the same
     type warranty.

     BTW...  In college, I worked for Sears.  If you complain enough and
     get high enough up the management ladder, Sears will replace
     ANYTHING!!!