Re: garage heaters

To: zwissler@hsonline.net
Subject: Re: garage heaters
From: jibrooks@JUNO.COM (Jack I Brooks)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 21:55:34 EST
Ben, Bruce and others,

I stand corrected.  The CO is not a primary constituant.  I would,
however be sure to put a CO monitor in any garage I heated without an
external exhaust vent.  Most of us think of these heaters as if we are
heating a room in a house.  We burn a lot more fuel and therefore
generate a lot more "stuff" heating a cold garage.  Another consideration
is that if the heater is not in an optimum state of tune it generates
more junk, just like our cars.

My garage is attached to the house and is very tight.  I will not paint
or use significant solvents in it without the door being open or without
respiratory protection.  Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
        Jack