Re: Where to start with a seized engine

To: ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Where to start with a seized engine
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 21:06:15 -0400

<< Any other suggestions as to how he should procede before he
 resorts to a complete rebuild?

Peter-

Light oil of any type down the cylinders is gonna help. However, that motor
is prone to breaking timing chains (I think only the 164 and Milano use a
belt), so check very carefully to see if the chain is actually still intact,
or lying down in the bottom the front case, binding up the crank. If it is,
all the oil in Kuwait ain't get help.

Hope I'm wrong, but...been there, done that
       Nick in Nor Cal