Re: MIG welder minimum gas pressure

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MIG welder minimum gas pressure
From: JackiHarry@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 23:25:15 -0400
>What is the minimum gas pressure (input to the regulator) for a
>MIG welder (in my case the Lincoln WeldPack 100)?  I need to know
>how soon I am going to have to refill my tank.

It will keep the output pressure reasonably constant until you get within
around 5-10psi of what the regulator is set to. (20-25psi?  I can't remember,
have not used it in a while).
If you are in a really *really* draft free area, it can even be turned down
from whatever the nominal pressure is.

I do agree w/ jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair) that if you are working on the
weekend, trying to get the last gasp out of the tank is false economy (not
his words).  (every time I run out of acet/oxygen, it screws up the rest of
the weekend's projects. (I usually remember (now) to check before the
weekend, after running out 10, 20, 30, who knows how many times!)

Take care, Scott M Ryan