Re: MIG welder minimum gas pressure

To: ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014), shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MIG welder minimum gas pressure
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 16:46:31 -0400
At 12:03 PM 9/13/96 -0400, Peter Schauss x 2014 wrote:

>What is the minimum gas pressure (input to the regulator) for a
>MIG welder (in my case the Lincoln WeldPack 100)?  I need to know
>how soon I am going to have to refill my tank.

Peter,

  I don't know what the min. pressure is, but I have run my Lincoln
SP100 with less than 50# indicated on the guage.  The thing to remember
here, is that the lower the pressure the sooner you'll
run out of gas.  Around here the welding supply houses aren't open
on Sat.  So if I'm down to 200# and expect to do any welding over
the weekend, I run out Fri. afternoon and get a replacement bottle.

What the heck.  It's only about $17 for the gas.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!