AC/DC, No not 8 tracks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: AC/DC, No not 8 tracks
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 01:35:19 -0400
Fellow shop-rats...

I vaguely remember Mr. Pflueger's shop class, wherein he taught us about
putting E, I and R in a circle, so that you could choose one and find the
others. Unfortunately, I remember nothing else. I know that this has become a
"self-serve" society, and most retail clerk positions are minimum wage, but,
I thought that in the entire Radio Shack store, someone could tell me how
many amps a 125 volt ac 10 amp switch would handle when run on 12 volts dc. I
was wrong, not only couldn't anyone even venture a guess, but they called
their "tech" support line for me, and after 20 minutes on hold, I was
rewarded with this "pearl of wisdom" ..."we don't know "!

So how about it guys ? I know we have more than a few "electrical" type guys
out there. Help the electrically challanged.

Clueless after I try the switch...
         Nick in Nor Cal