Rusty Tools

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Rusty Tools
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 01:45:58 -0400
Fellow Shop-Rats-

I have found a very good product which will stop rust immediately.
Unfortunately it is not stuff that you can put on your tools and continue
using them on a regular basis. It is intended for storage of metal products
exposed to the elements. When coated, the tool will feel sticky and you will
think that you are going to have grease on your hand, but surprisingly, it
does not rub off on your hand. I have used this product on tools that I do
not use on a regular basis. It comes off easily with a quick shot of carb
clean or the like, not greasy or messy. The stuff is called Rust-Gardit. I
found mine in a sporting goods/gun store.

The Car Curmudgeon
         Nick in Nor Cal