Re: Tool Boxes, tools rattling

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tool Boxes, tools rattling
From: Matt Wehland <mwehland@grayfox.svs.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 1996 11:42:42 -0500
At 11:57 AM 8/4/96 -0400, you wrote:
>At 10:43 AM 8/4/96 -0500, Matt Wehland wrote:
>  I am looking for a way to
>>secure tools in the top, without them rattling.
>
>I use HD zip-lok bags for like items (metric wrenches, extensions, etc.)
>cuts down on the noise, and the bags can be found in most
>any kitchen.
>--

This also kinda answers another question that I had which was how to
seperate tools.  Like nut drivers, meteric & standard, wrenches and such.  I
have the nice wrench holders but they are too big to fit in the tool box
which I carry in the car.  So the wrenches are kinda divided metric on top
and standard on the bottom.  My nut drivers are the same way.  Extra sockets
(those not in the gray socket set) are not that bad as they can kept on
those long socket holder thingies (hate to get too technical here.  What are
they called?)

>Tom Stangler       |CP 5.0 Mustang      1996 Track events
>Va Beach, VA       |April @ Rockingham; July @ Summit Point: done 'em
>stangle@infi.net   |9/30 & 10/1 Watkins Glen, still to come

               Matt Wehland, Networking & WEB Consultant
                Naperville, IL  Chicago Suburb
  95 Mustang GT Crystal White 5spd       mwehland@webtripper.com.com
  Best 14.91, third time @ track         http://www.webtripper.com