Re: More Than I Ever Wanted to Know...

To: Nickbk@aol.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Than I Ever Wanted to Know...
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@emi.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 23:17:51 -0400
At 01:02 PM 6/30/96 -0400, Nickbk@aol.com wrote:

>The way I see it is that some people will wire the ground to the neutral and
>get on with it. It seems that there a lot of "commercial electricians" who
>would do the same thing. But, I am convinced that this really is not the way
>to do it, and now I don't want some "electrician" to wire it that way either.

you're right; it's not really the way to do it.  we had all kinds of trouble
back at GE R&D with our old lisp machines; we kept on ordering up isolated
ground wiring (ground tied to neutral only at the service entrance to the
building), and the electricians who had been sleazing on wiring for years
kept on screwing us up.  eventually we caused a big part of one wing of the
building to be rewired because things had been thoroughly fouled up for
years by a succession of lazy electricians.

cheers,
  richard
--
email:   rwelty@emi.com (home)     welty@balltown.cma.com (work)