Re: air ratchets

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air ratchets
From: CLAY_SCOTT@HP-Loveland-om10.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 96 08:28:36 -0600
Item Subject: air ratchets
     Jonathan,
       An air ratchet is a pretty safe bet with good quality sockets such
     as Snap-On, Mac, etc.  The torque is comparable to a standard ratchet
     and the impact load is not extreme.  I have been using a set of
     Snap-On thin-wall deep-well sockets with mine for over 20 years.  No
     problems at all.
       Where you will get into big trouble is using standard sockets on an
     impact wrench- they can explode!.

                                        Clay Scott