Re: Is this list still active?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is this list still active?
From: ADU3B@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 17:30:36 -0500
o quiet, I'm hesitant to disturb the peace......  :-)

I have decided to construct some type of apparatus to
enable me to single-handedly remove engines from my
cars.  I have used a 'store bought' engine puller in the
past.  I like them, but don't have the space to store one
when it's unused.  I think I want to build a permanent
"gallows" type arrangement out of wood.  This will be used
primarily for Spitfire engines, not very heavy (2 people can
easily lift one with a 2X4).

Any words of wisdom, tips, things to avoid etc.?
I am especially interested in what to use for the 'hoisting'
mechanism.  I don't think I want a chain hoist.  Probably
some type of 'come-along' cable-ratchet seems to be
about right.  I am not concerned about the lifting point being
'fixed' although I realize that's a disadvantage.  The car is
easily pushed around by hand.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Sykes   -  - -     __,@_\____
'78 Spitfires -  --    }-0-----0->