Re: Welders

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Welders
From: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 1996 09:30:45 -0800
>I have a Lincoln SP-100 110 volt MIG that I am very pleased with.  This
>model is only ( as far as I know ) sold by welding suppliers.  It has
>continuously variable voltage and feed.  I have done a lot of body-work type
>welding and it has worked very well.  I even used it to weld a cart up to
>put her welder on, the cart was made from angle iron.

Does anyone have a phone number or catalog for Lincoln?

I've been using a SP-100 at school, and want to get one.  The local
Costco has the Lincoln "Weld-Pak 100", which looks identical to the
SP-100, for ~$280.  I'd like to find out what the difference is between
the two.  Also, if a gas option exists for the Weldpak version.

All the other local places only carry Century.  The cost is comparable
between the two brands, but the Lincoln has continuously variable
voltage.  Any pro/cons between the brands in terms of
reliability/quality/etc?

TIA,
Mike