Re: Tappet adjustment tool

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tappet adjustment tool
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 96 07:22:27 EST
>     From: Julian Daley <j.daley@umds.ac.uk>
>     Subject: Tappet adjustment tool
>     Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 10:26:33 +0000 (GMT)
>
> Has anyone use one of these tools that lets you dial in the
> tappet clearance by turning a wheel ?  Are they useful / easy
> to use or is it as easy to use a feeler gauge ?

Yes, I've got one and like it a lot.  Once its calibrated (and they've
got calibrations for many cars already listed), its even easier to
use than a feeler gauge.  One nice thing is that you'll be able to
measure the valve clearance even with somewhat worn rockers.  They're
not that expensive, and I think they're worth the money.

John Lye

rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU