rolls-bentley

RE: Haynes manuals

To: "rolls-bentley@autox.team.net " <rolls-bentley@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: Haynes manuals
From: "Simmers, Chuck" <chuck.simmers@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:06:00 -0700
All,

Richard Shears wrote:
"Whoever it was that said
they'd consulted both UK and US websites - perhaps you'd like to publish
the URL's on this list so everyone can lobby Haynes for a reprint."

The URL is http://www.haynes.com/. From here you can get to the
American,
British, French, and Swedish Haynes sites.

"I will, as mentioned in previous postings, keep an eye out for these
manuals at village fetes, book fairs, second-hand book shops etc.  There
are a couple of companies in Ross-on-Wye (the centre of the universe for
second-hand books) which will get you almost anything for a price, and
for something like a Shadow manual the price is likely to be modest."

Count me in. I would very much like one of these manuals.

"***But (there's always a 'but') - they like to have an ISBN.  If anyone
has the ISBN for either the early or the late Shadow manual or both,
please tell me.***"

Can't Haynes tell you what the ISBN was, when it was published?

"I expect the price of second-hand manuals to be less than the cost of
photocopying them; however, if I get hold of a copy and there is demand
for six - well, it just happens that I have a photo-quality copier here.
(I can blow wiring diagrams up to A2 size, still photo-quality, as well
if desired.)"

If you want to go this route, I'll take two.

"It's been quiet.  Is everyone up to their elbows in
brakes/gearboxes/etc. or just enjoying the summer driving season?"

The weather here in Phoenix has been beautiful the last few weeks, highs
in the
mid-80's F. I've been chasing some of the more obscure oil leaks on the
Bentley,
while rebuilding the Cadillac 8.2L for transplant.

Regards,
Chuck Simmers
'66 MG Midget/Toyota 2L DOHC
'66 Matra M520