RE: [oletrucks] por 15, rustmort, or something else

To: Craig Kruse <cmkruse@hughes.net>, OleTrucks
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] por 15, rustmort, or something else
From: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 01:09:21 +0000
picklex.com
picklex is not a paint, it is a metal treatment that you paint over. i used
por-15 and zero-rust on my frame. but if your welding doors and need to keep
rust at bay until you get ready for prime and paint, then use picklex. i
sandblasted my bed 2.5 years ago, then sprayed picklex on the raw metal until
i got around to priming it. my bed is still not primed and there is no rust on
it. still just raw metal. it's cheap too.
i learned about picklex at http://autobodystore.com/forum/index.php a good
body and paint forum. do a search for picklex.

i quit using por-15 and started using zero-rust for a brush on rust resistant
paint. http://www.mfgsealants.com/ the plus is that you don't need to topcoat
zero-rust. i learned of zr from this forum and then read more on it at the
autobodystore site. i would use zero-rust on your frame after treating it with
picklex.
Kurt 58 3100 Apache project the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and
going...When I die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not screaming and
freaking out like everyone else in the car.> From: cmkruse@hughes.net> To:
kjohlgren@hotmail.com; oletrucks@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [PHISH]RE:
[oletrucks] por 15, rustmort, or something else> Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008
17:27:33 -0500> > Where can you by this picklex stuff? I need to do a frame.>
<kjohlgren@hotmail.com>> To: "Tom Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>;
"'Oletrucks'" > <oletrucks@autox.team.net>> Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008
3:09 PM> Subject: [PHISH]RE: [oletrucks] por 15, rustmort, or something else>
> > > picklex, picklex.com, use it on any untreated metal to keap rust from> >
forming.> > anytime you sandblast or grind or just have bare metal that you
won't be> > painting right away use picklex> > if your priming right away, you
don't need anything> > just don't use rattle can primer, it will be the
weakest link in your > > paint> > job> >> > definitely don't spray it with
oil, wd4o or gibbs. you will always fight > > fish> > eyesKurt 58 3100 Apache
project the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... > > and> > going...When I
die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not screaming and> > freaking out like
everyone else in the car.> From: tntcoop@earthlink.net> > > To:> >
oletrucks@autox.team.net> Subject: [oletrucks] por 15, rustmort, or > >
something> > else> Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 06:23:59 -0500> > What is the best
rust> > preventative to go over welds? I am welding on a> door skin and think>
> something to apply to the welds before priming would> be a good idea. I > >
will> > spray on epoxy primer after it is treated for> rust preventative.>
Thanks > > for> > the advice. > Tom in SC> 55 2nd> >