[oletrucks] New member

To: "OLE Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] New member
From: "Craig Kruse" <cmkruse@hughes.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 11:30:07 -0400
Hi All,
 Just signed on as a list member. I see you all have a vast amount of
knowledge and experience which will be a big help to me as I start my
restoration (resurrection) of my recently acquired 1949 Chevy Panel truck.
     I have done some basic research and obtained some manuals but still
have lots of questions on detail items. I learned my basic mechanics on a
1954 Chevy coupe stovebolt more than a few years ago so I'm not completely
devoid of old Chevy's. This one is my retirement project!  I hope to be able
to contribute to the discussion topics as I read the e-mails.
    I have a question maybe someone can help me with. Are the running boards
for the panel truck the same as for the 1/2 ton trucks. Both have 116
wheelbase but I see two different part numbers in the Chevy 1929-1950 master
parts catalog. I also have seen one after market catalog that listed them
for sale and indicated they were for both trucks and panels. So I'm
confused.

Thanks
Craig

Scanned By Norton Antivirus for Your Protection
"Do or Do Not - There is no Try"   Yoda - Jedi Master