Re: [oletrucks] stripping paint

To: "Rick" <redbulldog@sbcglobal.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] stripping paint
From: "Mike & Inez Plucker" <impluck@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:29:15 -0500
I have to agree here. One of the safety programs that I had at work was a
video of sand blasting and the dangers. Silicosis is nothing that you want
to fool with. I use glass beads in my cabinet and a product called Black
Diamond in my pressure pot, both products come in various sizes to fit what
ever you are blasting. Some paints will require the use of a respirator with
the proper filter for the product being blasted. The best respirator is a
fresh air supplied mask or hood, for use with a pressure pot. Do not use the
same compressor that you use for sand blasting, you must use a special oil
free compressor for breathing air. Sorry if I have rambled but you can not
be too safe.
Mike 1950 3100