[oletrucks] Rocker arm question

To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rocker arm question
From: "Larry Burnett" <larburnett@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:13:21 -0500
OK, I never did get an answer to this question, probably because my question
was poorly written.  Anyway, here's my problem.  I've got a 1954 236, and a
1950 manual, and the two don't match up when it comes to some aspects.
Looking at my manual for replacing the rocker arms, they should each have a
number stamped on them that matches a specific valve as such:

Number on                   For
rocker arm                 Cylinder #
    9                        1-3-5 exhaust
    0                        2-4-6 exhaust
    3                        2-4-6 intake
    4                        1-3-5- intake

Now, I have different numbers on my rocker arms.  I have three each of 85,
86, 87 and 88. Assuming of course that matching the wrong rocker arms to the
wrong valve could mean bad mojo, it's probably fairly important to get 'em
right.  So, does anyone have the shop manual for the 54, and could you
either see if this number sequence is in their, or help me out in some way?

Thanks.