RE: [oletrucks] Welding (long)

To: "Jon Dalton" <novawagonmaster@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Welding (long)
From: "Carlos Madero" <cmadero@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:05:57 -0600
In regard to Jon's note on learning to weld.  Besides buying the book I
recommend taking a class or two at a vocational school if you can.  There is
nothing like having an expert review your progress and guide you.  This is
specially important when welding vital parts like suspension and motor
mounts.  I took two semesters of welding (two evenings a week, three hour
sessions) it only cost $110 per semester.  One side benefit of the VoTech
school was that we were allowed the use of other tools in the shop, plasma
cutter, chop saws, band saws, drill presses, metal brakes, grinders which I
used to make my motor mounts, boxing plates, etc.  Those parts more than
paid for the instruction.

Carlos F. Madero
'53 Chevrolet 3100
Memphis, TN