[oletrucks] Fatman MII and Chev V8 steering shaft

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fatman MII and Chev V8 steering shaft
From: "Carlos Madero" <cmadero@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:21:37 -0600
Greetings,

I have finished welding the FatMan kit in my '53 Chevy 1/2 ton, and are now
in the process of building frame mounts for the small block engine.  After I
lowered the engine in the frame to build some cardboard patterns, it appears
the driver's side frame mount would be right in the way of the steering
shaft.

I would greatly appreciate input from those of you with similar setups, what
kind of mounts you used, how did you route your steering shaft and what kind
of exhaust manifolds to use.  I was going to use ramhorn manifolds but they
seem to stick out too far from the engine, again getting in the way of the
steering shaft.  If any of you has pictures of your set up I would greatly
appreciate them.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

Carlos Madero
1953 Chevy 3100