Re: [oletrucks] PCV on Fuel Injection Heads

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] PCV on Fuel Injection Heads
From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:08:40 -0700
> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:03:01 EST
> From: Marvint1957@aol.com
> Subject: [oletrucks] PCV on Fuel Injection Heads 1957 Truck
>
> Hello List,
>
> I am currently installing a 350 engine with a set of fuel injection heads.  I
> have an Elderbrock intake and a 650 cfm carb.  I have a PCV in one of the
> valve covers but what is the smaller vent hole on the valve cover that has
>the
> oil fill hole?  These are the new style valve covers with the 4 center
>mounting
> bolts.

The valve cover that does not have the PCV valve needs to be vented, the
original setup has it going to the air filter, so any blowby that comes
out will be burned by the engine, reducing emissions.  You might find
one of those chrome breather caps in the chinese chrome section of a
chain auto parts store that will fit in the hole..that's what I usually use.

> Another issue I have is the lower radiator hose.  The stock V8 hose will not
> reach the radiator since it is mounted in the six cylinder position.  Any
> suggestions for an application that will work.  I am thinking maybe 68-72
>Nova  or
> Chevelle might do it.

If the 6 cyl truck lower hose won't work (cut off one bend), then you
might make up a pattern using flexible duct or wire to get the required
shape, and measure the sizes of the radiator and water pump fittings
(usually 1-3/4" on the lower hose).  Then go visit a *friendly* parts
store, and ask if you can search through their radiator hoses to find
one you can use.  It will need a spring in it to prevent collapsing, and
remember that you can cut off the parts you don't need.

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!
http://www.mindspring.com/~jforbes2