Re: [oletrucks] 89 suburban parts car

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 89 suburban parts car
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 21:33:04 -0800
Its pickups '63 to '87 that are documented to work for this swap.  I know
the suburbans did not change in '87, but don't recall if an '89 is the same
as an '87 pickup, or as an '89 pickup.  I've never heard of the later
pickups, or the suburbans once those were updated, being used in a swap like
this.

I'd say the first question is whether or not the '89 is the same as an '87,
if so that's only the first hurdle.

The track width will be a little wide, and this swap does not lower the
front end.  I don't think it raises it either, but I don't actually know.

You should be able to look at the column to see if its tilt or not.  I'm
sure tilt was available, but I can't say if this one had it or not.

Make sure you read about Wayne's experience at
http://www.itswhatsnext.com/engine/47_chevy_home.htm before you commit to
this project!