[oletrucks] Re-Wiring

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re-Wiring
From: "Wayne" <wroworth@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:24:27 -0500
Happy 2004 guys and gals!

While my truck is in the paint shop I been thinking I really need to consider
this year replacing my wiring from the ground up. It's not stock but has been
severely molested and has smoked a few times when a "so called" helper crossed
some wires. I have had some insight from list members on Painless and EZ-Wire
and it's all good. My question is if I mount the fuse block under the seat do
these systems give you enough length for dash components or do you have to
splice? I am a novice at this so any "beware of" stuff would be very helpful.
Do I need to consider current draw and stuff like that. I have a new 140 amp
alternator that charges 80 amps at idle. Not many accessories, just a/c, radio
and an 750 watt inverter that runs off of the battery direct.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne '47 Chev Panel -  http://www.itswhatsnext.com/engine/47_chevy_home.htm